Fear Itself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A web forum for members of the Alliance guild Fear Itself on Zangarmarsh server.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Raiding with Illyrea/Pyreknight/Lazyeye/Shimmer/Lag, who the heck am I again?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr. Lag

Mr. Lag

Raiding with Illyrea/Pyreknight/Lazyeye/Shimmer/Lag, who the heck am I again? Empty
PostSubject: Raiding with Illyrea/Pyreknight/Lazyeye/Shimmer/Lag, who the heck am I again?   Raiding with Illyrea/Pyreknight/Lazyeye/Shimmer/Lag, who the heck am I again? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 12:36 pm

O.k., I am the main raid leader for Fear itself, that is who I am... I am going to lay down my expectations and rules for raiding. While I am pretty laid back and will give everyone a few chances. I do have my limits and I hope I don't sound too severe in this posting. Keep in mind that one of the goals of Fear Itself is to not be swept up in the "Big Raiding Guild" attitude that seems to promote god complexes etc... Let me make this clear, if there is anyone who gets to have a god complex in one of the raids i'm running, it's me. lol.

Loot rules. We have three things you can roll on as far as loot goes. Main spec, off-spec, and Tier gear. We give loot penalties seperate for each, so you might have a loot penalty on your Main-spec and not have any points against you when you roll on off spec. Main spec always gets priority and will always be rolled on first. The only reason I want to run a system like this is too make sure loot gets spread around. If I had my way everyone would get a drop off every boss, but that isn't the game.
A penalty will be given everytime you win a roll on something. So if the first boss drops something you want and you win the roll for main spec, next main spec roll you will have one penalty against you and someone else will be given priority for that piece of equipment. You main spec will always be what you are running as unless you talk to me first and get permission otherwise. So tanks can't roll for dps as main etc...

Afks are not exeptable if you don't let us know you are going first, and give us a RESONABLE timeline there are 9/24 other people in the raid and I find it disrespectful for anyone to constanlty not be responding to readychecks vent etc... if you have an emergency it is perfectly understandable and I dont' want you to stop and type to us while your cat is on fire... well maybe if it's a cat on fire but I digress. If you are having a situation where you are constantly AFK or need to step away for more then 5 minutes.... let us know so we can replace you. Once again, I appreciate everyone, but there are several other people who are here as well. I reserver the right to kick anyone anywhere, anytime for afking during a raid. I normally give several chances but my goal is to keep a raid moving. There will be breaks given for bios and drinks occasionally please use these so we don't have to keep stopping. It can really hurt a raids momentum if people are constantly stopping the raid from moving.

Last and not least I expect everyone in my raids to be on vent. We have a guild vent and the info is in your guild info tab funny enough. I will occasionally make exceptions but they have to be cleared through me first, and they have to give me a good reason. I don't feel like it is never a good reason. If it is a raid we are not very familiar with, or you aren't there is no good reason. If you don't know what ventrillo is please talk to an officer and they can help you with that. Ventrilo.com is where you can get the FREE download, and we pay for a server so it should not be any cost to you.. unless you want to donate in which case we won't complain Shocked
Nothing is better then quick comunication in a raid, and even if you can't speak, being able to hear what is going on with the raid helps a lot. On vent I expect in most cases for vent to be kept clear during boss fights. I don't mind chatting and happiness, but when we are having a tough time passing something, we need to be able to communicate between tanks, heals, Raid leader etc...

Last of all, I am open to suggestions, so feel free to add or suggest anything. I will think everything over and make a judgement call if you do. I promise to give every suggestion due consideration, so even if I don't listen to one, I will try to give you a good reason why. I hate it when people's answer is "because thats the way it is" or "no". I like explainations and will try to give you one as well.

Anyway, have a good one and I will see you in the raids
Back to top Go down

Raiding with Illyrea/Pyreknight/Lazyeye/Shimmer/Lag, who the heck am I again?
Page 1 of 1