Fear Itself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A web forum for members of the Alliance guild Fear Itself on Zangarmarsh server.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

debates that have raged forever

Go down 
+2
Lasairfina
Sammeh
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sammeh

Sammeh

debates that have raged forever Empty
PostSubject: debates that have raged forever   debates that have raged forever EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 6:07 pm

Superman Vs Goku
Unstoppable force Vs Immovable Object
Star Wars Vs Star Trek
Cats Vs Dogs
Ninjas Vs Pirates
Robocop Vs Terminator
Science Vs Religion
World of Warcraft Vs EverythingElse

and last but not least and possibly the most important one of all.....

red socks or blue socks.. lol
Back to top Go down
Lasairfina

Lasairfina

PostSubject: Re: debates that have raged forever   debates that have raged forever EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 3:54 am

Superman > Goku
Unstoppable force > Immovable Object
Star Wars > Star Trek
Cats > Dogs
Ninjas < Pirates
Robocop < Terminator
Science > Religion
World of Warcraft > Everything Else

red socks < blue socks
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Lasairfina
Sammeh

Sammeh

PostSubject: Re: debates that have raged forever   debates that have raged forever EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 10:09 am

theres no way its that simple Very Happy these are highly delicate subjects saying the wrong thing to the wrong person or picking the wrong victor could immediatly cause bloodshed and looting. lol!
Back to top Go down
Reighven
Admin
Reighven

PostSubject: Re: debates that have raged forever   debates that have raged forever EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 10:50 am

I vote that Star Wars is better than Star Trek. My reasoning behind this is because the history and lore of the Star Wars universe far surpasses that of Star Trek.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#/stephen.m.white?ref=name
Sammeh

Sammeh

PostSubject: Re: debates that have raged forever   debates that have raged forever EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 10:52 am

sir i challenge you to a fight to the death. what you speak is blasphemy and cannot go unpunished. bounce
Back to top Go down
Reighven
Admin
Reighven

PostSubject: Re: debates that have raged forever   debates that have raged forever EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 11:17 am

Sammeh wrote:
sir i challenge you to a fight to the death. what you speak is blasphemy and cannot go unpunished. bounce

Well, let's start with a rough estimate of habitable worlds in each universe:

Star Wars has 5000 and still counting according to this source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:List_of_planets

and

Star Trek has but 129 according to this source:
http://stexpanded.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Class_M_planets

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Star Trek. It's just that from a lore perspective, Trek is still in it's infant stage when compared to Star Wars. Smile

V/R
Reighven.
Back to top Go down
Sammeh

Sammeh

PostSubject: Re: debates that have raged forever   debates that have raged forever EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 11:52 am

your wrong star wars may have 5000 inhabital planets but star trek has close to 3 million.

According to Dr. Leonard McCoy, there is a mathematical probability of three million Class M planets in the galaxy. (TOS: "Balance of Terror")

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Milky_Way

the star trek galaxy is nearly 4 times the size of the star wars one. broken down into 4 quadrants. humans have only charted 11% of their galaxy leaving tons of planets to be found. star wars has fully explored theirs. finding only 5000 planets.

now we move on to technology star wars tech is big clunky and outdated. they still use lasers. star trek stopped using lasers in the 22nd century. Phasers and transporters and proper shields give them the tactical advantage in terms of tech. star wars turbolaster and protonmisslies would do nothing to shields in trek. also phasers are pinpoint accurate they could knock out enemy fighters with one hit.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Lag

Mr. Lag

PostSubject: putting my foot in it   debates that have raged forever EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 3:04 pm

Superman > Goku

Unstoppable force + immovable object destroy each other and make another big bang. Either that or since technically all our molocules don't touch they rearrange each other letting the unstoppable force move through the immovable object with no such collision.

Star wars < Star Trek < Serenity... cus seriously, Mal would whip all their butts

Dogs eat Cats... 'nuff said

Ninja's > Pirates except in raids

Terminater > Robocop... please.

Science and Religion can go hand in hand... Like God doesn't make rules (science) so all his creations don't fall apart.

Wow>most everthing

Oh, and Blarg

Last edited by illyrea on Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sammeh

Sammeh

PostSubject: Re: debates that have raged forever   debates that have raged forever EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 3:07 pm

serenity? whats that? wasnt it based off that cancelled show firefly? cyclops
Back to top Go down
Lasairfina

Lasairfina

PostSubject: Re: debates that have raged forever   debates that have raged forever EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 11:11 pm

illyrea wrote:
Star wars < Star Trek < Serenity... cus seriously, Mal would whip all their butts

Mal and Han would so get drunk together, get in a fist fight, then be BFFs.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Lasairfina
Sammeh

Sammeh

PostSubject: Re: debates that have raged forever   debates that have raged forever EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 11:13 pm

i actually have no idea what serenity is
Back to top Go down
Reighven
Admin
Reighven

PostSubject: Re: debates that have raged forever   debates that have raged forever EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 11:40 pm

Sammeh wrote:
i actually have no idea what serenity is

"Serenity NOW!!!"
Back to top Go down
Sammeh

Sammeh

PostSubject: Re: debates that have raged forever   debates that have raged forever EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 11:40 pm

is there a difference between that and firefly?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Lag

Mr. Lag

PostSubject: /cry   debates that have raged forever EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 12:31 am

Serenity is the movie based of the yes, prematurely canceled firefly which has a following in it''s own right. No it doesn't have the lore star trek or star war's has behind it, but with Joss whedon at the helm the characters are fuller then the other two in most instances lol.

Yes I know it's a losing battle, but let't be honest, we won't die today

Bendis, we are too pretty to die
Back to top Go down
Sammeh

Sammeh

PostSubject: Re: debates that have raged forever   debates that have raged forever EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 2:37 am

i never liked joss whedons work. but i will humor you and go find a copy of serenity that way i knwo what your talking about.
Back to top Go down
Drosnett

PostSubject: Re: debates that have raged forever   debates that have raged forever EmptyThu May 26, 2011 11:33 pm

Superman > Goku (nothing Deagon Ball is even worthy of being in this conversation...)

Unstoppable force > Immovable Object

Star Wars > Star Trek ( multiple Jedi, only one Spock. The rest of the Vulcans dont involve themselves in the affairs of Star Trek, so they dont count)

Cats < Dogs ( all cats are named either Alpo or Purina)

Ninjas < Pirates (all day long and twice on Sunday)

Robocop < Terminator

Science = Religion (true science contains a faith that equal to or greater than that of religion)

World of Warcraft < Famliy < God (yet I somehow continue to fail at this hierarchy)

red socks = blue socks < white socks in sandles

and I add

Kicking a puppy versus making a baby cry

Dros
Back to top Go down
Libratus

PostSubject: Re: debates that have raged forever   debates that have raged forever EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 10:09 pm

I really can not believe over 3418 keystrokes were wasted on this thread. really you people have nothing better to do?

Oh and Dros.....kicking a puppy is mean....if a baby cries you just close the door...they stop or fall asleep eventually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: debates that have raged forever   debates that have raged forever Empty

Back to top Go down

debates that have raged forever
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fear Itself :: Fear Itself :: Debates and Current Events-
Jump to: