Fear Itself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A web forum for members of the Alliance guild Fear Itself on Zangarmarsh server.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gas Prices

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Foxsama

Foxsama

Gas Prices Empty
PostSubject: Gas Prices   Gas Prices EmptyFri May 20, 2011 10:35 pm

High gas prices suck .. /discuss Cool

I don't know the whereabouts of everyone but here in good ol Ontario, Canada (Northern Ontario Razz ) gas is now slowly going down and is now at $1.33 a litre.. For owners of a gas guzzling truck like myself, it sucks majorly..
Back to top Go down
Reighven
Admin
Reighven

Gas Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Prices   Gas Prices EmptySat May 21, 2011 4:17 pm

Ours are still going up for the most part. Largely due to more people hitting the roads as the weather becomes nicer. It's hard to get a fix on whether or not the wholesale cost of gas is increasing or decreasing because each region has their own influence on the cost. Here in Utah, the state adds an 18 cent tax per gallon, while California adds a 50 cent tax or more. Also, station density must be taken into account. There is heavy competition in urban centers where stations strive to achieve the lowest cost to bring in more customers and turn a profit through quantity. On the other hand, in remote vacation areas like Vail Colorado, there are hardly any gas stations, and the ones that do operate can charge you whatever they wish because the next nearest station is seventy miles down the freeway.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#/stephen.m.white?ref=name
Foxsama

Foxsama

Gas Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Prices   Gas Prices EmptySat May 21, 2011 7:00 pm

i think im gonna put a sail in the back of my truck .. when its windy out i'll be going by wind power!! Razz or at least until they make a nice electric truck What a Face
Back to top Go down
Reighven
Admin
Reighven

Gas Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Prices   Gas Prices EmptySun May 22, 2011 12:06 am

I've got a 2008 Chevy Silverado pickup. It gets pretty decent mileage for a truck. About 17 in town and 20 on the freeway.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#/stephen.m.white?ref=name
Foxsama

Foxsama

Gas Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Prices   Gas Prices EmptySun May 22, 2011 7:43 am

i am jealous .. i have a 2000 dodge ram with the 5.9 360 inside.. feels like i get 2mpg some days.. my next truck will be either a gmc or chevy diesel for road tripping Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gas Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Prices   Gas Prices Empty

Back to top Go down

Gas Prices
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fear Itself :: Fear Itself :: Debates and Current Events-
Jump to: