Fear Itself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A web forum for members of the Alliance guild Fear Itself on Zangarmarsh server.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rogue macros / builds / etc

Go down 
AuthorMessage
zalkor

Rogue macros / builds / etc Empty
PostSubject: Rogue macros / builds / etc   Rogue macros / builds / etc EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 8:56 pm

I will post some rogue information here. Smile
Back to top Go down
zalkor

PostSubject: TotT macro   Rogue macros / builds / etc EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 9:25 pm

You are going to have two macros

Set up a macro called SetTotT and post this into it:
Code:
/run ToT = UnitName("target")
/run if not InCombatLockdown() then EditMacro('TotT', nil, nil, '#showtooltip\n/cast [target='.. ToT ..'] Tricks of the Trade', nil); print('Tricks of the Trade set to : ' .. ToT); else print('Cannot change TotT now!'); end;

Set up a macro called TotT and leave it completely blank.

Put both of them in your bars and set TotT to a key you can press in combat. I use T because its easy to get to without moving far from the home keys (WASD) and isn't linked to anything important. The second macro must be called TotT because that is part of the coding (unless you want to change to coding in the first macro).
Back to top Go down
zalkor

PostSubject: Excellent Poison macro   Rogue macros / builds / etc EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 9:35 pm

This is a most amazing macro I found for poisons. This one will apply Instant Poison to your main hand weapon by using your primary mouse button. If you right click it will apply Deadly Poison to your off hand weapon.

Code:
#showtooltip
/use [btn:1] Instant Poison IX; [btn:2] Deadly Poison IX
/use [btn:1] 16; [btn:2] 17
/click StaticPopup1Button1

If you decide you need poisons on the opposite hand, make a second macro and look at the first place where it says [btn:1] or [btn:2] and just switch the numbers.

It will not give you that really annoying pop up that asks if you would like to replace the poison on the hand... it just starts casting (the last line clicks yes on the popup).

If you need help to make a macro that does a different poison (lower level or different type, etc) just let me know.
Back to top Go down
zalkor

PostSubject: One-button Mount macro (works all classes)   Rogue macros / builds / etc EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 9:47 pm

This works to just press one button, and it will mount a flying mount if you can. If not then it will mount a ground mount. If you are already mounted it will dismount you.

Code:
/cast [nomounted] Albino Drake
/cast [nomounted] Black Battlestrider
/dismount [mounted]

Replace the name of the mount with the mount you want to summon. You can shift-click the mount from your page while the macro is open and it will insert the text into the macro... hard to describe but i can tell you on vent. These two mounts are the ones I am using right now.

Back to top Go down
zalkor

PostSubject: Focus macro   Rogue macros / builds / etc EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 9:51 pm

If you need to change your focus quickly (which I sometimes need to do in combat without typing it out) all you need is this simple macro...

Code:
/clearfocus
/focus

Clears your focus on the first press if you currently have one (and no selected target). If you do not have one, it will set your target as focus. If you have a focus and a target, it will switch your focus to the new target. Works wonders in busy combat.
Back to top Go down
zalkor

PostSubject: Night Elf only - Second Vanish   Rogue macros / builds / etc EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 10:02 pm

If you are a NightElf, you can use this macro to work like a second vanish. It only works if Shadowmeld is not on cooldown, and you can get knocked out of stealth if your Cloak of Shadows is on cooldown. Leave the spell icon as a ? because it will show the icon and cooldown for Shadowmeld (most important part of spell).

Code:
#show Shadowmeld
/cast Cloak of Shadows
/cast Shadowmeld
/cast Stealth

This macro will remove DoTs with your Cloak, then Shadowmeld you (so you have to stop moving to use it) and then stealth you. Once you look at your buffs and see Stealth (should be instant but isn't always...) you can run around.

Use this as a last minute effort to get away from a mob or to exit combat in raids or single player.

Shadowmeld has a 2m CD and Cloak of Shadows has a 1.5m CD; Vanish is a 3m CD. So you can do Vanish, then later do Shadowmeld/Vanish macro, and both will come off cooldown around the same time. This only works for Night Elves of course.
Back to top Go down
zalkor

PostSubject: Re: Rogue macros / builds / etc   Rogue macros / builds / etc EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 12:19 am

This is almost exactly how I would describe my rotation in ICC on mobs, both trash and bosses. However, I learned from it that I should probably be using Feint and Dismantle more often. Check it out if you have a rogue.

http://www.wowcontender.com/blog/pve/combat-rogue-pve-build-and-rotation-patch-3-3-3/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rogue macros / builds / etc   Rogue macros / builds / etc Empty

Back to top Go down

Rogue macros / builds / etc
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fear Itself :: Fear Itself :: Addons, Macros, and Tips & Tricks-
Jump to: