Fear Itself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A web forum for members of the Alliance guild Fear Itself on Zangarmarsh server.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

It's been a while

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Lag

Mr. Lag

It's been a while Empty
PostSubject: It's been a while   It's been a while EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 5:44 pm

Alright.. I am going to post a core raid group here in the next few weeks. I have reason for doing this beyond just having a team that is constantly working together and are used to balancing each other out.

First reason is that I want to get a second team going. Would has volunteered, (as in has been pushed by me lol) into starting a second raid team. If I have a set of normal raiders, this will give the other people in the guild a chance to raid adn build a team. I expect that a few of my regulars may go to this team as we work things in and hopefully I will still get to see 'em a bit. If you are interested in this team let Would know. HEALERS are especially needed.

Second, I want to reward those who have consistantly been running with us. While it's nice to swap people out and give the new blood a try here and there, I don't like asking people who have been with us since day one to step aside for a week when I have had consistant support from them. This being said, being one of those from week one may still not automatically net someone a place on my core team.

The other part is balance. I want to be able to not have to worry about weather we have enough ranged or caster dps etc. If there is a core team i'm going to try and build it so we have a balanced team that has a bit of everything. Diversity in this game normally is a plus.

Anyway.. let's hit some ICC. Let's have fun, and blargedy blarg blarg blarg

Lag/illyrea/pyreknight/shimmer
Back to top Go down
Reighven
Admin
Reighven

It's been a while Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's been a while   It's been a while EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 11:16 am

For your viewing pleasure, here is the Rotface encounter we had difficulty with.

Just as an idea: It might be beneficial to link video's here in the raiding forum for encounters that the raid teams are working on. It will help to ensure that all raid members are operating off of the same strategy. It also makes for a quick reference. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#/stephen.m.white?ref=name
zalkor

It's been a while Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's been a while   It's been a while EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 2:44 am

Thanks for posting the video here.

It took us a while to get the mechanics for Festergut down, and once we had it there hasn't been any trouble with the fight.

Our DPS on Rotface has been very good, so we shouldn't have any trouble with him once we get the mechanics down. Watching this video will help with getting the mechanics down.

One thing I notice in the video was that the off tank picks up the slimes from the middle of the room. The dps or healers don't run away kiting the small slimes. I think when one of the healers gets the slime on them and has to run around wildly, it makes their job difficult. And when a DPS gets it, we lose that DPS temporarily while they kite.

Also, Tankspot says the slime puddles shouldn't affect the kiting tank too much. The tank runs, stops, and then taunts. Then runs, stops, and taunts. Maybe this will keep the slime from reaching the middle of the group. So far I have noticed that this is where the majority of deaths happens. If the tank has to run through slime to keep kiting far enough away, maybe this should be done.

Everyone has to move during the slime spray to mitigate damage and make the healers' job easier.

I know not everyone likes to have a lot of addons running, but the HudMap addon shows you where slime is going to rain down after the explosion, and makes it so you don't run and stand right where someone else was just at. At least for tanks, this will make your life MUCH easier.

I think we can get him this week... and next week have some time to get to Ruby Sanctum and give it a try.

Zalkor (Nick)

Back to top Go down
zalkor

It's been a while Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's been a while   It's been a while EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 9:19 pm

zalkor wrote:
One thing I notice in the video was that the off tank picks up the slimes from the middle of the room. The dps or healers don't run away kiting the small slimes. I think when one of the healers gets the slime on them and has to run around wildly, it makes their job difficult. And when a DPS gets it, we lose that DPS temporarily while they kite.

Of course, I am talking about the first two slimes before they are tauntable. After that, the person with the mutated infection must run ahead of the big slime and get cleansed so they can merge. The tank won't be able to leave from kiting to pick up the new ones and merge them. That is the responsibility of the infected.

Just wanted to say because it looked confusing.

Zalkor
Back to top Go down
Reighven
Admin
Reighven

It's been a while Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's been a while   It's been a while EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 2:03 pm

In reference to the two groups: We mark the tank with a purple diamond to make it easy to find when kiting a blob. I feel that works well.

However, when we're in our two seperate groups, and it comes time to move, I think the integrity of the groups falls apart. Would it be possible to mark the group leaders with a skull and a circle? This way, when the confusion hits, players will more easily be able to get back with their respective group.
Back to top Go down
Reighven
Admin
Reighven

It's been a while Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's been a while   It's been a while EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 7:22 am

Great job bringing down Rotface last night!

Here is Tankspot's video for the Putricide encounter. Smile Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

It's been a while Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's been a while   It's been a while Empty

Back to top Go down

It's been a while
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fear Itself :: Fear Itself :: Raiding-
Jump to: