Fear Itself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A web forum for members of the Alliance guild Fear Itself on Zangarmarsh server.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Trial of the Crusader Question.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Reighven
Admin
Reighven

Trial of the Crusader Question. Empty
PostSubject: Trial of the Crusader Question.   Trial of the Crusader Question. EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 3:50 pm

I've seen TotC scheduled a few times in the guild calender and I've considered signing up for it. However, I'm not sure of the requirements gear and dps wise.

Can a hunter who is sportin the Nessingwary 4000 contribute anything to this instance? I need to upgrade my weapon, and from what I've been able to find in the armory there are a couple of significant upgrades available. However, I don't want to go if I am too undergeared, and I definately don't want to be a burden on the group.

Any feedback would be helpful. Smile

Thanks,
Reighven
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#/stephen.m.white?ref=name
Mr. Lag

Mr. Lag

PostSubject: Check here... Wow-heroes.com   Trial of the Crusader Question. EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 1:25 am

Honestly, the best place to see where you are gear wise is wow-heroes.com. It will show you where your gear places you as far as raids go, and can help you find new gear as it links to Wow armory. Bear in mind it is a tool, and there are players who can kick dps insanely with blues and greens over people all purpled out. It is however, where I look to go in a pinch.
Back to top Go down
Reighven
Admin
Reighven

PostSubject: Re: Trial of the Crusader Question.   Trial of the Crusader Question. EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 7:33 am

Thanks Illrea! I appreciate the help. Also, I have a follow-up question:

I noticed last night in the guild calender that 2.5k dps was needed to take part in TotC. Can you or anybody else suggest an add on that will let me know what my dps output is? Right now I use Omen but, I'm pretty sure the threat numbers displayed on Omen are a completly different animal than dps numbers that would be displayed in another add on.

Again, thanks for pointing me in the right direction! Smile

V/R
Reighven
Back to top Go down
Mr. Lag

Mr. Lag

PostSubject: recount it baby   Trial of the Crusader Question. EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 11:42 am

The most common dps meter is recount, I run it so I know about where I am going. once again though, it is a tool. It will tell you what dps you are pulling on average in an instance/raid or per fight as you set it up, however... it is not an ultimate authority. A discipline priest could be working her butt off for example, but she won't ever top the healing chart because a large part of her heals include shields and preventitives that keep people up but don't measure. So, while it's nice to have... I rarely will kick someone for dps unless they are pulling less then 1k, or we aren't getting bosses down quick enough. I actually go by damage done on the meter because i've had people with 5k dps, who are number 15, or 16 in a raid because while their numbers are very high, they aren't hitting enough to contribute.

If you get it you can work on a dummy in IF to figure out what rotations give you the best numbers etc... I also suggest going to curse.com for getting addons. I personally run, titanpanel, omen, auctioneer, and recount... other then that i am hesitant to add but occasionally add one. anyway, hope that helps out.
Back to top Go down
Reighven
Admin
Reighven

PostSubject: Re: Trial of the Crusader Question.   Trial of the Crusader Question. EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 11:48 am

illyrea wrote:
The most common dps meter is recount, I run it so I know about where I am going. once again though, it is a tool. It will tell you what dps you are pulling on average in an instance/raid or per fight as you set it up, however... it is not an ultimate authority. A discipline priest could be working her butt off for example, but she won't ever top the healing chart because a large part of her heals include shields and preventitives that keep people up but don't measure. So, while it's nice to have... I rarely will kick someone for dps unless they are pulling less then 1k, or we aren't getting bosses down quick enough. I actually go by damage done on the meter because i've had people with 5k dps, who are number 15, or 16 in a raid because while their numbers are very high, they aren't hitting enough to contribute.

If you get it you can work on a dummy in IF to figure out what rotations give you the best numbers etc... I also suggest going to curse.com for getting addons. I personally run, titanpanel, omen, auctioneer, and recount... other then that i am hesitant to add but occasionally add one. anyway, hope that helps out.
Thanks Illyrea! I was just reading up on recount, and plan to install it when I get home today! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trial of the Crusader Question.   Trial of the Crusader Question. Empty

Back to top Go down

Trial of the Crusader Question.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fear Itself :: Fear Itself :: Raiding-
Jump to: